Applications of En Series, Alloys Steel, OHNS Die Steel, Case Hardening
Applications of Alloys Steel
- EN8 - Crank shafts, automobile axle beams, connecting rods, lightly stressed gears.
Generally used for moderately stressed parts of Motor Vehicles and general engineering works.
- EN9 - Crank shafts, Cylinders, Gears, Sprockets.
Mainly used in machine parts which require moderate wear resistance.
- EN19 - Axle shafts, Crank shafts, Gears, Connecting rods, Studs, Bolts, Propeller shaft joint.
Suitable for heat treated parts where high tensile and impacts are required along with high endurance bending strength.
- EN24 -Aircraft and heavy vehicle crank shafts, Connecting rods, Gear shafts, Chain parts, Clutches, Propeller shafts, Cam shafts, Spindles, Screws, Studs, Pinions, Tappets, Boring bars.
Preferred to be applied for heat treated components having large sections and subject to exacting requirements.
- EN30B - Application similar to EN-24 Steel.
More Suitable for extra ordinary high toughness purposes.
- EN31 - Ball and Roller Bearings, Spinning tools, Beading Rolls, Punches and Dies.
By its character this type of steel has high resisting nature against wear and can be used for components which are subjected to severe abrasion, wear or high surface loading.
- EN36 - Disc wheels, Grooved shafts, Cams, Gears, Heavy duty gears for air craft, Heavy vehicle and automobile transmission parts, General engineering works, Universal joints.
Mainly used for highly stressed machine parts which are intended for cementation with high strength and core toughness.
- EN45 - Leaf and volute springs, Road and railway vehicle springs including helical and plate springs.
This steel is capable of taking up a good hardness and possesses an increased stability in tempering.
- EN47 - High duty volute and leaf springs, Heavy engine valve springs, Helical and torsional bar springs.
It has a high ratio of yield point to tensile strength and high torsional fatigue strength.
Case Hardening Steel
- SAE 8620Gears, Pinions, Lay shafts, Camshafts, Mining haulage, Cage suspension, Lifting gears.
Generally used for parts where direct hardening is preferred. It can also be used as an alternative to EN-35 and EN-36A Steels.
High Speed Steel
Lathe tools, Planer tools, Milling cutter, Cutter blades, Boring tools, Twist drills, Milling knives, Reamers, Taps, Metal cutting saws, Thread cutting tools, Screw cutting tools, File cutter's chisels, Slotter, Drills, Hobs.
A top quality steel which offers greater hardness and suitable for cutting at high speed and good wear off resistance.
Hot Die Steel
- 9% Tungsten Hot Work Steel.
Pressure casting moulds, cores, dies, for non ferrous products, tools for screw products, hot extrusion dies, lower dies for valve cone products for pressing dies, hot shear blades and trimmer dies for upsetting tools used in bolt, nut and pin manufacturing; for heading punches, swaging dies.
It is suitable for oil and air hardening and it offers high hardness retention. It provides good resistance to hot wear and heat checking.
- 5% Chromium Hot Work Steel.
Extrusion dies, Gripper dies, Rams, Drop forging dies, pressure casting moulds for light alloys, Metal track pressure tools, High stressed internal boxes, Little tube pressing mandrels for water cooling, Die-cating tools, Punches.
It has very good high-temperature characteristics and excellent toughness combined with resistivity to heat checking.
High Carbon High Chromium Die Steel
Thread rolling dies, Hobs, Cold extrusion tools and dies, Punches, Draw plates and dies, Cutters, Measuring tools, Pressure casting moulds, Blanking, Reamer, Finishing rolls for tyre mills.
This type of steel has high dimensional stability with added wear resistance coupled with excellent edge holding qualities.
OHNS Die Steel
- Oil Hardening Non Shrinking Die Steel
Blanking and stamping dies, Punches, Rotary shear blades, Thread cutting tools, Milling cutters, Reamers, Measuring tools, Gauging tools, Wood working tools, Broaches, Chasers.
An Ideal type oil-hardened steel which is economical and dependable for gauging, cutting and blanking tools as well as can be relied for hardness and good cutting performance.