SS 17-4 PH Stockiest, 17-4PH Supplier, UNS S17400 Trader, Manufacturer of 17-4 PH
AISI 630 | UNS S17400 | DIN 1.4542 | 17-4 PH
SS 17-4 PH Stockiest, Supplier, Exporter, Trader, Dealer.
Alloy 17-4 Stockiest, Supplier, Exporter, Trader, Dealer.
UNS S17400 Stockiest, Supplier, Exporter, Trader, Dealer.
17-4PH Stockiest, Supplier, Exporter, Trader, Dealer.
SAE / AISI 630 Stockiest, Supplier, Exporter, Trader, Dealer.
General Properties of 17-4PH SS, Alloy 17-4 PH, Stainless Steel 17-4 PH
SAE type 630 stainless steel (more commonly known as 17-4 PH; also known as UNS 17400) is a grade of martensitic precipitation hardened stainless steel. It contains approximately 15–17.5% (17) chromium and 3–5% (4) nickel, as well as 3–5% copper.
SS 17-4 is a chromium-copper precipitation hardening stainless steel that is used for applications requiring high strength and a moderate level of corrosion resistance. It is one of the most widely used precipitation hardening grades, as it has high strength hardness up to about 572°F while demonstrating good corrosion resistance in all heat treated conditions. Alloy 17-4 PH has adequate resistance to atmospheric corrosion or in diluted acid salts where its corrosion resistance is equivalent to Alloy 304 or 430. Alloy 17-4PH can be heat treated to a variety of temperatures to develop a wide range of properties. Its mechanical properties can be optimized with heat treatment where very high yield strength up to 180 ksi can be achieved. Alloy 17-4 should not be used at temperatures above 572°F or at very low temperatures.
Here are some benefits of 17-4 PH round bars. Listed below:
- High tensile strength and toughness
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- It is best suited for forging and welding
- Machinability operations
- Oxidation resistance
- Have a good resistance to sulphide stress cracking
Stainless Steel 17-4 PH / UNS S17400 Round Bars Specifications :
- Dimension : EN, DIN, JIS, ASTM, BS, ASME, AISI
- Grade : 17-4 PH (UNS No. S17400) Round Bars 1.4542
- Finish : Black, Bright Polished, Rough Turned, NO.4 Finish, Matt Finish, BA Finish
- Form : Round, Square, Hex (A/F), Rectangle, Billet, Ingot, Forging Etc.
- Surface : Hot Rolled Pickled or Sand Blasting Finished, Cold Drawn, Bright, Polished, Hairline
- Application : Chemical process, Food processing, Petrochemical, Pollution control, Pulp and Paper, Refining
- Condition : Cold Drawn, Polished Cold Drawn, Centreless Ground & Polished.
Applications of SS 17-4 PH / UNS S17400:
SS 17-4 PH is commonly used for applications requiring high strength and a moderate level of corrosion resistance. Some applications that frequently use Alloy 17-4 include:
|Pumps and valves in high pressure components||Chemical process components|
|Industrial and mechanical components||Aerospace industrial purpose|
|Chemical process components||Pulp & paper industry|
|Nuclear plants application||Food industry|
|Nuclear waste casks||Food industry|
|Paper mills||Power generation|
|Paper mills||Aircraft and gas turbines|
|Oil Fields||Nuclear reactor|
Standards of SS 17-4 PH / UNS S17400 :
- ASTM/ASME: UNS S17400
- EURONORM: X5CrNiCuNb16.4
- AFNOR: Z6CNU17-04
- DIN: 1.4542
- AISI 630
- NACE MR 0175
- ASTM A484/ A564
- AMS 2303/5643
- ASME SA564
Properties of SS 17-4 PH / UNS S17400 :
- Alloy 17-4 PH is a martensitic stainless steel having Cu and Nb/Cb in addition.
- A grade is its high strength.
- Hardness up to 300 degrees Celsius.
- Corrosion resistance.
- Optimized with heat treatment.
- High yield strength up to 160-190 ksi.
Corrosion Resistance of SS 17-4 PH / UNS S17400 :
- Withstands corrosive attacks better than any of the standard hardenable stainless steels.
- Comparable to Alloy 304 in most media.
- Corrosion resistant in some chemical, petroleum, dairy, and food process industries.
- Subject to crevice or pitting attack if exposed to stagnant sea water for any length of time.
Weldability of SS 17-4 PH / UNS S17400 :
- Successfully welded by most common fusion and resistance methods.
- Should not be joined by oxyacetylene welding.
- Generally no pre-heating required.
- Inter-pass temperature must be limited to 248°F.
- Better toughness is obtained in the weld after a complete heat treatment.
Processing – Hot Forming of SS 17-4 PH / UNS S17400 :
- To forge, heat uniformly to 2150 / 2200°F and hold for half hour per inch.
- Preferred temperature range for hot forming is at 650-900°F, while the steel is still austenitic.
- To ensure the best condition for the hardening operations, the forgings must be re-heat treated at 1875-1925°F.
- Cool forgings to below 90°F to ensure grain refinement.
Processing – Cold Forming of SS 17-4 PH / UNS S17400 :
- Alloy 17-4 is limited to mild operations since in the annealed (solution treated) condition the material is hard.
- For severe cold working the material should be heat treated to condition H1150. This will help prevent possible cracking.
- Bend radius in excess of 7T is often required.
- To improve stress corrosion resistance after cold forming, re-aging at the precipitation-hardening temperature is recommended.
Machinability of SS 17-4 PH / UNS S17400 :
- Can be machined in both solution-treated and precipitation-hardening conditions.
- Machining conditions may vary with hardness of material.
- High-speed tools or preferably carbide tools with standard lubrication are normally used.
Chemical Properties / Chemistry of Steel 17-4 PH Round, Bright, Hex, Threaded Bar:
|SS 17-4 PH||0.07||0.04||1.0 max||3.0 - 5.0||3.0 - 5.0||Bal||1.0 max||0.03||15.0 - 17.5||5 X C / 0.45|
Types of Available Products ASME, ASTM, EN, BS, GB, SS 17-4 PH Round Bars :
|SS 17-4 PH Round Bars||17-4 PH SS Cold Drawn & Polished Square Bars|
|AMS 5643 17-4 PH Bars||Austenitic ASTM Bright 17-4 PH Bar|
|17-4 PH UNS S17400 Round Bars||17-4 PH Stainless Steel DIN 1.4542 Round Bars|
|AMS 5643 SS 17-4 PH Rods Manufacturer||AISI 17-4 PH Hexagon Bars Dealers|
|AMS 5643 Steel 17-4 PH Polish Bars Manufacturer||Standard AMS 5643 17-4 PH Cold Drawn Bars Stockholder|
|AISI Stainless Steel 17-4 PH Black Bars Distributors||High Speed Steel 17-4 PH Hollow Bar Suppliers|
|Top Quality High 17-4 PH Spring Steel Bars||ASME, ASTM, EN, BS, GB, SS 17-4 PH Flat Bars|
|13-8 PH Bright Bar Exporter||17-4 PH Round Bar Suppliers|
|AMS 5643 17-4 PH Forged Round Bars||Cold Rolled JIS 17-4 PH Rods|
17-4 PH Stainless Steel Rods
17-4 PH Steel Threaded Bars Stockiest in India
|SS 17-4 PH Stockiest||SS 17-4 PH Supplier|
|SS 17-4 PH Trader||SS 17-4 PH Dealer|